Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Fifty Shades Of Grey has had many immeasurable but definitely tangible effects on society since its popularity boomed - women reading erotic fiction openly on trains, grandmothers discussing spanking with their grandchildren, men feeling generally inadequate.

If this all feels a bit socio-culturally vague, here's one actual figure that can be ascribed to this phenomenon - an increase of 55% in the viewing figures of titillating, 'saucy' films, according to one DVD rental firm.

What are the top 5 titles that fans are reaching for in this time of erotic rediscovery? Do they tickle your fancy? Click the pic above for the full story.
MYSTERY: Star's Death Certificate Changed After Drowning
DIGEST THAT: Guess Who's Back On The TV Menu?
PIRATES 5? 14 Films That Shouldn't Have Had A Sequel
NEW TRICKS, OLD PROBLEM: 25 Famous Feuds To Add To This One
TODAY'S DILEMMA: Is It Ok To Lust After Sean Bean, Now We've Seen Him In A Dress?
BLOG POSTS
Tom Pearce: In Praise of Essex
Five days a week, 52 weeks a year, the hard-working commuters of Essex flood into London's financial Square Mile and the towers of Canary Wharf to help keep the wheels of the British economy turning. Let me put it this way: Essex is a county of entrepreneurs, risk takers and dreamers.
Ronan Keating: Why I'm Still Angry About My Mother Dying From Breast Cancer
My mother died on 2 February 1998, from breast cancer - she was 51 years old. I come from a family of five, me being the youngest, with three older brothers and one sister. We grew up in and around Dublin and in many ways were a typical Irish family. Our Mother was our rock - her passing left a huge hole in the lives of us kids and my dad. To see her gradually succumb to breast cancer, despite the bravest of fights, left us questioning everything we thought was fair and right with the world.
Peter Stringfellow: Why University Isn't the Be-All and End-All
By not having good results, it changed my life entirely by leaving me to make my own decisions to go where I wanted, when I wanted and how I wanted. The freedom of doing what I wanted to do was a great spur.
Jeff Whelan: Joe Strummer's Legacy
Joe Strummer, the frontman for the legendary rock n' roll band The Clash, would have turned 60 years old this month. He died suddenly of an undiagnosed heart defect 10 years ago this December, but is arguably more relevant today than at the height of his popularity.
Michael Fish MBE: Why I Did a Base-Jump to Highlight Climate Change
Despite what most people think, my TV career was not based on my stunning good looks. I'm a highly qualified meteorologist - and lately I've been thinking a lot about climate change. It's probably the biggest problem we've ever faced and it's not going away. If we want to live sustainably, we need to take action now, not when it's too late. The problem is, there's not much in the way of action going on. As a proud owner of a Rapanui t-shirt or two, we decided to do something together to make a point about sustainability.
Advertisement

You have received this Huffington Post UK newsletter from AOL (UK) Limited, who provides the Huffington Post UK.
You can choose to stop receiving these emails at any time, by updating preferences on your account page.
Privacy Policy  |  The Huffington Post UK is provided by AOL (UK) Limited.
© AOL (UK) Limited its affiliates and licensors.
AOL (UK) Limited, Shropshire House, 11-20 Capper Street, London, WC1E 6JA.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment