Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, 20 August 2012

This is the story of how I relearned a long-known, time-honored tenet of hair salons: always bring a picture.

I've been a brunette for a long time and was antsy for a change. It had been 15 years since I last colored my hair (red)--an era you can see captured in my high school senior portrait below. I chopped six inches off my hair last year to mark some sort of transition into adulthood (it didn't work) and it was time for the next thing. The options were chop all my hair off, move to the suburbs or get balayage.
ON THE STREET: THIS HELMUT LANG EMPLOYEE IS A PRO AT FINDING CHEAP BEAUTY PRODUCTS
HOW TO MAKE THIS TIGER PRINT MANICURE
PERSONAL ESSAY: I'M A LADY BUT I DRESS LIKE A BOY
THE SCIENCE OF SHAPEWEAR (AND WHERE ALL THE FAT GOES)
7 BABYDOLL DRESSES THAT ARE ANYTHING BUT CHILDISH
BLOG POSTS
CATOR SPARKS | ATTENTION LUXURY LEATHER BRANDS (THAT'S YOU TOO, HERMES) -- SHOW US YOUR HIDE!
I look forward to running around town and country this winter with my new deer hide bag knowing exactly where it came from, the process it took to get it to its present state and the fact that that beautiful stag lived a serene life way up in the foggy, chilly, windy and romantic Scottish Highlands.
LINDA HARDING-BOND | SQUARE PEGS IN ROUND SPA HOLES
Here is the problem as I see it: it is twofold, but it begins with training. At most aesthetic academies, skin care is taught solely from a European perspective.
MICHAEL COHEN | ASK MICHAEL COHEN: WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO SAY THANK YOU?
How do you get him to shut up? Really? By the sound of your email I think you know how to do this. Anyway, I bet there are a lot of envious 50 Shades of Grey lovers that are reading this and thinking they might not mind being you. Heck, I wouldn't mind being you.
ANNIE STEIN | GIVING UP THE SHAME OF THOSE SAGGING ARMS
If I wore sleeveless, I'd be wearing that blouse as I hit these very keys and never take it off, it was such perfection, but I gave up wearing anything without sleeves several years ago. I just can't continue to keep it all together and have allowed the arms to go first.
MONICA YUNUS | TO BEIRUT WITH LOVE: DRESSES WITH GEORGES CHAKRA
A trip to Georges' Beirut atelier is everything you would expect it to be -- chic, fun and totally decadent. From the moment you walk into the boutique you are surrounded by beauty.
Advertisement

To be removed from ths newsletter, to update your subscription preferences, or to recieve your newsletter, please visit our Subscription center. If you received this email from a friend, subscribe to the newsletter here.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment