Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, 21 September 2012

Friday, September 21, 2012


SPECIAL FROM Next Avenue

By Linda Collins

By keeping a (very) open mind, I discovered how wonderful intimacy could be.

I am 71, and I just spent half the night making love. I had thought I was dried up, done, dead. Apparently I am not. I have fallen in love and am totally turned on by and tuned in to another person for the first time in well over 20 years.

But that's only half the story. The really big surprise is that the person I have fallen in love with is a woman.
How 365 Days Of Good Deeds Changed My Life
New JFK Book Focuses On His Private Moments
4 Secrets To Great Sex After 50
The Mammogram Scare I Need To Talk About
Maura Tierney's Drama May Be The Ultimate Post 50 Reality Show
BLOG POSTS
Mike Ragogna: The Singer: A Conversation With Art Garfunkel
If you were to ask me, "How does that work?" I would say "It's all musical affinity," and it's very hard to explain why you're on somebody else's wavelength.
Gordon Banks: A Day to Remember
Life is about memories. I've got a career where I've got loads of memories. But even just an ordinary man in the street, like my brother David, he's got his memories as well. And not to be able to think about them, remember them, that must be awful. That must be terrible.
Grown And Flown: How Family Vacation Has Changed
When my boys were little, my idea of vacation was any place where the sun shone and my children could not break anything. In their middle years I wanted to show them things, add culture and breadth to their world. Now that they live away from home, I just want to have meals with them.
Barbara Hannah Grufferman: This Could Be the Most Important Exercise You'll Ever Do
When I turned 50 a few years ago, I looked in the mirror and said, "Now what?"
Anastasia Rubis: Lowbrows Have More Fun
I've gained a new appreciation for lowbrow in middle age. I'm still enough of a snob to gravitate toward "brilliant" lowbrow as opposed to "despicable" in New York magazine's approval matrix, but give me one more decade. My tastes should be off the chart.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment