Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Wednesday, September 19, 2012
As a child, I was fixated on mirrors. Time and time again, my parents would catch me in some elaborate, solo musical production performed for an audience of one on the back of my bedroom door. Not only was mirror gazing a solitary indulgence, it was also a public compulsion. I remember being mocked by my Hebrew school classmates when they busted me transfixed by my own reflection in the long windows of the temple gift shop like a Jewish mini-Narcissus.

Until recently, when confronted with memories of my embarrassing pastime, I've always reached the obvious conclusion: I was hopelessly vain. Worse yet, I was hardly physically exceptional enough to justify such fascination. So I wasn't just vain, but delusional to boot.
Can Men Be Trusted To Take A Birth Control Pill?
How Watching TV Romances Could Hurt Your Love Life
'Your Away Message' Twitter Makes Us Nostalgic For Our AIM Days
PLEASE BE TRUE: Adele To Design Plus-Size Clothing Line?
PHOTO: Mindy Kaling Channels Marge Simpson
BLOG POSTS
Shannon Bradley-Colleary: When A Former Love Dies Too Soon
I hadn't seen Ion's daughter in twenty-some odd years. I greeted her warmly and asked how she was doing, thinking she probably had no idea we'd met before. "Not so good," she said, "This is a bad day." Now I knew.
Jennifer Severns: The Job Requirement That Hates Female Creatives
I am not suggesting that anyone dumb down job requirements. I'm simply demonstrating how one little word (in this case, the word "agency") can make the difference between stellar candidates or stellar male candidates.
Women & Co: 5 Ways to Use Your Smartphone Camera to Stay Organized
There are many ways you could be using that camera -- and those photo albums -- to help simplify and streamline your daily activities. Here are some ideas to help you get started.
Sienna Jae Fein: I Want to Live Longer, So I'm Having More Sex
Dr. Aubrey De Grey, a biomedical gerontologist, has famously said that the person who will live to be 150 has already been born. I hope this means that soon no one will dare to think that a 60th birthday is a cutoff date for sexual endeavor. Who wants to live their last 90 years without sex?

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment