Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, 20 September 2012

Thursday, September 20, 2012
I have a feeling this story isn't going to win me any popularity contests. It certainly doesn't reflect one of my finer moments as friend, ex-girlfriend, or person with a decent sense of compassion and empathy. In fact, what I did was downright ugly. It was also totally hot. That's the thing about sex: It's not always pretty. Sex doesn't always have to be about an intimate connection, a genuine showing of affection, or even a carnal expression of our desires. At least not when it's revenge sex.

Let me start at the beginning. My ex and his former best friend, who we'll call "Chris," spent the best days of their adolescence together. As teenage boys, they competed over everything. In their 20s, they both moved to California and then to New York. They both earned a living working in the nightlife industry. But while my ex was nesting with me, Chris was single, and partying non-stop. He'd occasionally come to our place for dinner and make backhanded compliments about how domestic a life we led. Chris was loud, opinionated, stubborn, and as a houseguest, would stay up all hours of the night. He and I clashed, and on more than one occasion I yelled at him. Fast-forward six years. My relationship with my ex was strained. We were fighting all the time, and I sensed something wasn't right. Then I got the call. Chris had phoned my brother and told him that my ex was having an affair and that, "Jill is a good woman and doesn't deserve this."
Female Soldiers Receive Body-Specific Armor (Finally)
WATCH: Why Men Cheat
Exciting News For Nora Ephron Fans
Another Reason Not To Facebook Stalk Your Ex
WATCH: Leslie Knope Meets Her Senator Role Models
BLOG POSTS
Marlo Thomas: The 2012 Emmy Women -- Great Roles, Killer Performances
Here's a look at some of this year's Emmy hopefuls -- along with a few actresses we wish had been nominated (Kyra Sedgwick? Hello? She's our female Columbo!). I'm sure you'll agree that, the envelope notwithstanding, all of the nominees have already proven themselves winners. Enjoy!
Keli Goff: How Kate Middleton's Boobs Could Save the World (If Only She'd Let Them)
Kate Middleton should embrace her new found influence and platform with gusto and use it for good, something she has been slow to do so far.
Lauren Leto: 7 Rules for Bookstore Flirting
Bookstores are the easiest place to pick someone up. Think about it: a conversation topic is usually in the hand of the other person, people often browse quietly and alone (no need for shouting over music or wingmen),

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment