Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, 8 October 2012

Monday, October 8, 2012
Lena Dunham is a screenwriter, showrunner, producer and actress. And now she's going to be the author of an advice book, for which Random House reportedly just paid over $3.5 million. Naturally, the backlash has begun.

Here's a quick composite of the haters' plaints: Dunham is an over-privileged 26-year-old narcissist whose success is due to her family and connections.

See how easy (and predictable) that was? So much easier than acknowledging that Dunham has worked hard for the success she's achieved and cheering her on.

We'd rather cheer her on.
Size Does Matter, Study Finds
Shoot For The Cure?
How Military Wives Are Raising Awareness Of PTSD
LOOK: Your Best Weekend Ever
BLOG POSTS
Barbara & Shannon Kelley: It's Not Me... It's You
So much of the rhetoric these days is about us taking responsibility for how we react and feel. But what if our negative reactions are normal and warranted?
LearnVest: A Man Tells All: I Earn More Than My Female Colleague
ne gets an office; the other gets a cubicle. The one with the office earns a significant amount more. Now, for the riddle: Which paralegal is female?
Balpreet Kaur: How to Turn Ugliness Into Beauty
I started wearing my heart on my sleeve and seeing every stare as a chance for dialogue and friendship. I began to firmly believe in the power of the spoken and written word. I finally began to realize that I had to take charge of my own narrative.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment