Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, 1 October 2012

Monday, October 1, 2012
On Sept. 3, 2012, James K. Flanagan of West Long Branch, N.J., died unexpectedly of a heart attack. He wrote this letter to his five grandchildren just months earlier and it is reprinted here with the permission of his daughter Rachel Creighton.

Dear Ryan, Conor, Brendan, Charlie, and Mary Catherine,

My wise and thoughtful daughter Rachel urged me to write down some advice for you, the important things that I have learned about life. I am beginning this on 8 April 2012, the eve of my 72nd birthday.

Read the rest of Flanagan's letter here
Why This 47-Year-Old Woman Took Up The Trapeze
7 Reasons Why Sex Gets Better with Age
Overnight Dementia 'Camp' Allows Caregivers Rest
The Conversation We All Need To Have With Our Loved Ones
Ron Howard On How Andy Griffith Changed His Life
BLOG POSTS
Stanley K. Sheinbaum: My Life Begins In Earnest
It's funny, you know, but as I look back on those Depression years, my day-to-day life, my child life, was still filled with excitement and adventures. We were never actually hungry and we had warm clothes and a place to live.
Carole Brody Fleet: Loyalty vs. Living Again: Are You Being 'Disloyal'?
Telling someone how to grieve after a loss is rather like trying to tell someone how to raise their children -- it's generally unwelcome advice and no one listens anyway. So even after six years, two books and tens of thousands of letters, I never tell anyone how to grieve.
Sharon Greenthal: The Safety of Home
In the timeless words of Dorothy, "There's no place like home." For me, no truer words were ever spoken.
Amy Ruhlin: It Doesn't Get Easier...
I am slowly learning that the skills required for being a parent of grown children are quite different from those required to parent younger children. The early days seem easy now. These days require more: listen closely, practice restraint... not my strong suit.
Marlo Thomas: Carson's Comedians: Those Legendary Tonight Show Debuts!
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Johnny Carson's departure from The Tonight Show, and many of today's top comedic stars were lucky enough to have launched their careers from the Carson springboard.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment