Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, 5 October 2012

Friday, October 5, 2012
My hips are spreading, pressing up against the waistband of a pair of 90s pleated pants that she wore so much, the lining is beginning to fray. I've begun to fill out her cocktail dresses, last dry cleaned in 1997. The leather of my watchband is threatening to crumble at the ridge where it's been clasped to fit the exact circumference of a wrist, though it's hard to say where the wear from my mother's wrist ends and the wear from my own begins.

My body is becoming my mother's.

I can look in the mirror and point out her eyes, her jaw; I can itemize the objects I have of hers and touch them until they disintegrate, but there is one part of her legacy that I can't touch or inventory: her cancer.
Are You Sure You Know What's Going On Here?
Study Reveals Huge Benefit Of Free Birth Control
Inside The Life Of A Lady-Blogger
Best Tweets: What Women Said On Twitter This Week
BLOG POSTS
Brett Blumenthal: The One Question You Shouldn't Ask a Couple
If you're married, you've probably experienced lots of prodding about various aspects of your life and marriage. But let's face it, there is one topic that is front and center almost as soon as the nuptials are exchanged.
Stefanie Iris Weiss: Is Monogamy Natural?
After five, seven, or seventeen years, rest assured your wandering eye does not make you a bad person. It makes you human -- it makes you a woman.
Nina Montée Karp: A Lifesaving Tip: What to Demand at Your Next Mammogram
You'd never drive a car without a seatbelt or bolt across a street without looking both ways, right? These steps help you avoid potentially devastating risks. But did you know that when getting a mammogram, you can do one simple thing that may sidestep a potential side effect?

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment