Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, 5 October 2012

Friday, October 5, 2012
For more than a decade, I have given my whole self to my babies. My body gave birth to five of them in eight years. My spirit rallied in the depths of darkness and the break of dawn to care for them. My heart cracked open to love them like I had never loved before. I finished my education and made the conscious and proud decision to make a life from the vortex that is home. I am busy by nature, a doer. My energy comes in wild and intense spurts. I have a high tolerance for chaos, a wide capacity to love and be loved. Mothering was a natural fit.

Keep Reading: At Home
Can Infertility Treatments Help Women Get Pregnant... Naturally?
The 12 Most Influential Celebrity Baby Names
The Trait I Wish I Hadn't Passed On To My Child
PHOTOS: Creative Mom Gives New Meaning To 'Sleeping Beauty'
This Week's Most Hilarious Tweets From Parents
BLOG POSTS
Allison Tate: The Mom Stays in the Picture
I am not perfect to look at and I am not perfect to love, but I am perfectly their mother.
Shawn Bean: An Open Letter to Big Bird
It's hard to imagine. Seeing Big Bird in an unemployment line would be like seeing Big Bird in an unemployment line. What else can you do for work? You could be the mascot for Chic-Fil-A, but then there's that whole Bert-Ernie connection. Hmm. Better scratch that.
Brant Secunda and Mark Allen: 14 Ways to Get Kids Exercising -- and Off the Couch
Here are 14 ideas to help your family make exercising a routine family activity that's fun, motivating and healthy.
Shari Simpson: 'Our Mom Is So Calm!' by Ms. Seuss
"Our Mom is so calm!" Said no one that day. "What self-control!" Said no one, ever, not one, nope, no, nay.
Robin Hardman: It's National Work and Family Month -- Do You Know Where Your Work-Life Programs Are?
Work-life programs such as dependent care referral services and flexible work hours are often underused and underappreciated. Why? I suspect one major reason is a lack of effective communications.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment