Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Tuesday, October 2, 2012
I remember the first time I noticed my breasts. They introduced themselves quietly -- albeit painfully. I was tummy-down on my bedroom floor, listening to my record player and sifting through the clutter under my bed, searching for my autographed photo of Ronald Reagan (true story).

Ouch! It was like someone had punched me in the chest, leaving tender bruises under the mini-mounds that had recently begun forming on my 12-year-old body.
WATCH: Local Anchor Responds To Fat-Shaming
The Big Issue Women Are Urging Candidates To Address
Lena Dunham's $1 Million Proposal
The Real Key To Great Sex?
BLOG POSTS
Barbara & Shannon Kelley: What's Really Holding Women Back at Work
Somewhere along the timeline of women's liberation, the message that we can have it all morphed into an oppressive belief that we should be able to do it all.
Erin Ruberry: Why 'Call the Midwife' Is the New 'Downton Abbey'
The British import, which premiered in the U.S. on PBS Sunday night, transplants Downton's formula for success (British period drama with plenty of plot twists) from the English countryside in the early 1920's to a working class neighborhood in 1950's London.
Julie Danis: FOMO: Affliction, or Lust for Life?
FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) is quite different from FONBATR, the Fear of Never Being Able to Retire, which is an affliction many of the 50-plus-year-olds attending this ideas festival/policy-wonk conference are experiencing. But it doesn't mean we don't experience FOMO, too.
Maggie Van Ostrand: What Women Want
Waaaay back when we collected nuts and berries and you were having contests of who had the longest loin cloth, we didn't ask for much just little things, like you should bring home a steak to go with the salad. And we wanted you to invent fire for the barbeque. Nothing big.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment