Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Tuesday, October 9, 2012
If turning 50 wasn't bad enough I have a daughter who has taken a keen interest in my age. It's probably because she doesn't know how old I really am.

Being obsessed with aging or anti-aging is a way of life for many women, but has the obsession gone too far when you can't be truthful with your own daughter? I suppose many people would say I'm setting her up, or that my inability to tell the truth about my age is an example of self-loathing or some deep-rooted trauma that I haven't come to terms with. It's not. I just don't like aging. It's that simple. There's nothing wonderful about looking at a passport photo from 10 years ago and comparing it to the one I have today. There's a harsh difference.
8 Foods That Could Lower Stroke Risk
'Cheers' Cast Reunites After 30 Years
12 Things I Learned From Getting Laid Off In My Late 50s
'Set For Life': Film Profiles Boomers Struggling With Unemployment
Judith Light Joins 'Dallas'
BLOG POSTS
Marlo Thomas: A Size Zero Dress Does Not Equal Success
We all know that carrying too much weight can cause serious health problems. Obesity can lead to diseases that can threaten our lives. But that needn't force us to hold ourselves to one ideal. And, hey, who gets to decide what's beautiful?
Lisa K. Friedman: The Supreme Court: What Do You Know?
Every four years we Americans come face to face with an embarrassing truth: We don't know anything about our own Supreme Court.
Michael Hodin: Old Before Rich?
Ageing In The 21st Century: A Celebration And A Challenge is a big deal as it gives the full recognition that an older world - more of us over 60 than under 14 by mid century - is, indeed a global matter.
Al DeLuise: If It Doesn't Kill You, I'm Not Trying Hard Enough
Have you ever watched a movie where someone gets there shoe stuck with an impending disaster heading toward them? You watch and want to yell at the screen, 'just take off the shoe!', but they don't -- they never do. I'm here to tell you that you just don't think about taking off the shoe.
Kathi Sharpe-Ross: Kitchen or Man Cave? Take Your Soul Searching Any Way You Can Get It!
Whatever we choose as our sanctuary, we should retreat into it often enough to do a little soul-searching and make sure that we're checking in with ourselves and our happiness.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment