Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Last weekend, my family traveled to attend my oldest niece's Sweet Sixteen party. My brother and sister-in-law planned this party for many months and intended it to be a big surprise, and it included a photo booth for the guests.

I showed up to the party a bit late and, as usual, slightly askew from trying to dress myself and all my little people for such a special night out. I'm still carrying a fair amount of baby weight and wearing a nursing bra, and I don't fit into my cute clothes. I felt awkward and tired and rumpled.

Keep Reading: The Mom Stays In The Picture
12 Things Not To Say To A Stay-At-Home Dad
LOOK: Cafe's Extreme Way To Enforce Its Stroller Ban
The 5 Dumbest Things I Thought Before I Had a Kid
Watching My Son, Max, Climb The Stairs For The First Time
Grim Child Abuse Numbers Announced
BLOG POSTS
Sheila Quirke: Donna's Cancer Story: So You Want to Help
From the bottom of my broken, damaged heart, I thank you. I am indebted to you for bringing me into your home and cubicle and soccer field and car and kitchen. Know that what you've done, willingly witness Donna's life and death, took guts. You did it. You are amazing. Never forget that.
Wayne Maines: Dear Family and Friends: My Son Is Really My Daughter
Friendship, family and core values can trump fears, politics and lack of knowledge. But I also must remind you that many families cannot be this open because the risk is too great. Many families have similar stories tell and most cannot. This has to change!
Ylonda Caviness: Parenting Like FLOTUS--Raising Black Women in Training
I am guessing from the way Michelle Obama is raising Sasha and Malia, she and I share similar backgrounds. I find nothing remarkably strict in her parenting. It mirrors my own. My daughters are 11 and 14, same as the First Daughters.
Melinda Wentzel: The Parenting Moment I Savor
Putting a child to bed at a reasonable hour has never been my forte. Okay, it's at the bottom of the list, hovering slightly above ice sculpting and changing a flat tire.
Dina R. Rose: Eat Like a Linebacker: Get Fat Like an Ex-Linebacker
We shouldn't be surprised that when we spend the first years of our kids' lives telling them to eat more that they have to spend the rest of their lives figuring out how to eat less.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment