Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Wednesday, October 3, 2012
By Chelsea Roff

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you." -- Maya Angelou 


15-year-olds aren't supposed to have strokes. At least that's what I thought. I try not to think about it too much. Even now, I only have bits and pieces; shards of memories that somehow remained intact even through the trauma my brain endured that day...

*****


When I arrived at Children's Medical Center, I weighed just 58 pounds. After a five-year battle with Anorexia Nervosa, my body had reached its breaking point. Nearly every system in my body was shutting down. All four valves in my heart were leaking. My skin was yellow from liver failure. I hadn't taken a shit in over a month. I was dying.
Women And The Presidential Debate: A HuffPost Live Chat
WATCH: Fat-Shamed Anchor Speaks Out On 'Today'
How Genes May Shape The Desire To Be Thin
What Men Like, Want And Do According To Google
Olivia Wilde Dances To The 'Vagina Song,' And You Can Too
BLOG POSTS
Joan Williams: The New Girls' Network: 'The Polite Little Girl in the Room'?
In this legal environment, sometimes the risk-averse approach of being the polite little girl in the room is, in fact, riskier than going after what you want.
Lisa Jey Davis: How My Sister's Death May Have Saved My Life
If you have relatives who've suffered from breast or ovarian cancer (even pancreatic or prostate cancers), then ask about genetic testing and don't allow the fear of the unknown to jeopardize your health. I'm here to cheer you on. We are all here to cheer you on.
Lauren Taylor Shute: What I Learned Moving from the South to NYC
I sat with my mother on my bed as the movie ended. We pretended that we weren't both heartbroken at the thought of her only daughter moving away from home and simply focused on how great I would look in my new trench coat traipsing around New York City à la Anne Hathaway.
Michelle Cheever: Lesbian Baby-Making for the Entitled Generation
Why can't my girlfriend and I have a baby that shares our DNA? Why can't an egg from each of us be scrambled up and sprinkled with sperm? It seems so easy! Try harder scientists! Make this a priority.
Deborah Coady: Our Definition of 'Sex-Positive'
Every woman can feel sexual or sex-positive as long as she broadens her definition of the term "sex."

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment